Southeastern Grocers, parent company of Bi-Lo, Fresco y Más, Harveys and Winn-Dixie stores, is unveiling five new Fresco y Más stores throughout Miami-Dade and Palm Beach County, Florida, today, with a simultaneous ribbon-cutting ceremony at each location at 10 a.m.
By listening to customers throughout their communities, the company says it has tailored each new Fresco y Más to provide an authentic Hispanic grocery store, with expanded product assortments, better value and a cleaner, more enjoyable shopping experience.
Ian McLeod, president and CEO of Southeastern Grocers said, “The overwhelming positive response we received from our first Fresco y Más store in Hialeah (Florida) gave us the motivation to open additional Fresco y Más stores to bring more savings to more communities.
“We have been listening to our Fresco y Más customers in Hialeah and have tailored additional stores to reflect our customer’s personality, while providing great value, great prices and great service,” continued McLeod. “Each Fresco y Más store features a wider array of Hispanic items our customers told us is important to them—an expanded product assortment, great low prices and new features, including a full-service Latin Butcher shop and new Cocina.”
These stores are focused on delivering lower, everyday pricing as well as special promotions on the items customers buy most, from fresh produce and meats, to expanded local Hispanic products and new store features, allowing families to enjoy authentic, quality food for less on more than 3,000 products throughout the store, the company says. Southeastern Grocers has created 300 new jobs through these new store openings.
Enhancements throughout the new Fresco y Más stores include:
- An all-new, full-service Latin butcher shop (Carniceria) offering an expanded selection of fresh, custom cut meats to better serve our customers.
- Refreshed produce department featuring a farmer’s market setting with a wider selection of tropical fruits.
- A new “Cocina” (kitchen) offering daily specials of freshly prepared family favorites made from scratch.
- New Dollar Zone within the store, where customers can get over 600 everyday essentials for just $1, from grocery and cleaning to health and beauty.
- Renovated bakery department offering an expanded selection of Hispanic pastries and local baked goods, including flan, tres leches, croquettes, and custom tres leches cakes, made fresh daily, as well as a wider selection of local favorites.
- An all-new café with expanded seating area serving authentic Hispanic breakfast, pastries, drinks and hot and cold sandwiches.
- An additional Wall of Value section featuring weekly specials on popular items customers purchase most.
- More than 500 new Hispanic items available across several departments.
- A new custom façade and vibrant yellow colors with bi-lingual signage throughout the store.
The first Fresco y Más store concept was launched in Hialeah in June of this year. Fresco y Más now includes six locations throughout South Florida, including:
- 948 SW 67th in Miami
- 5850 NW 183rd in Miami Gardens
- 14555 SW 42nd, in Miami
- 15050 SW 72nd in Miami
- 541 W. 49th in Hialeah
- 2675 S. Military Trail in West Palm Beach